Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Wright, Zane" <Za...@sra.com> on 2010/05/18 15:05:15 UTC

According to the schema attribute administrativeRole is not allowed!

Hello all,

I have been trying to go through the Apache Directory tutorials to get
myself up to speed on their implementation of LDAP but I came across a
problem. When going through the basic authorization tutorial for 1.5,
specifically the "Simple example for the ACI subsystem" I tried to add
the attribute administrativeRole but got the error: "Warning! According
to the schema attribute administrativeRole is not allowed!" I have
enabled the accessControlEnabled option and restarted the service, and
have tried to continue through this problem and finish the tutorial but
every step along the way I would get the same error for
subtreeSpecification, and prescriptiveACI additions.

Suffice it to say that when I run through the 'testing' part of the demo
I can connect and query but when I run the query with my new full
permissions user I get no results and continue to get no results until I
log in with the system admin account. Can anybody help me with this
problem? I'm sure it's something easy but I cannot find any reference to
this specific error anywhere other than inside the source. As a note,
I'm running the latest version of Apache Directory Server with Server
2008 64 bit and the latest JDK 1.5 release. Thanks,

Zane Wright

Re: According to the schema attribute administrativeRole is not allowed!

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Wright, Zane wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been trying to go through the Apache Directory tutorials to get
> myself up to speed on their implementation of LDAP but I came across a
> problem. When going through the basic authorization tutorial for 1.5,
> specifically the "Simple example for the ACI subsystem" I tried to add
> the attribute administrativeRole but got the error: "Warning! According
> to the schema attribute administrativeRole is not allowed!" I have

Note that this is only a *warning* from Studio, not an error message. If
the dialog occurs you can just click "Ok" and then select an value from
the opended value editor (i.e. accessControlSpecificArea).

The dialog appears because the administrativeRole attribute is not
listed in any object class as allowed attribute. Maybe we should change
the Studio behaviour for this specific attribute or for operational
attributes in general because operational attributes are never listed as
allowed attributes.

Please try again and continue with the tutorial. If you have other
issues please don't hesitate to ask again.

Kind Regards,
Stefan