Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Shubh Sharma <sh...@unb.ca> on 2021/02/02 19:01:10 UTC

Setting up Calcite in Eclipse on Windows

Hi All,

I am trying to build Calcite using the Eclipse IDE on my Windows 10 laptop. However I keep running into following errors:

FAILURE: Build completed with 4 failures.

1: Task failed with an exception.
-----------
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':buildSrc:buildext:autostyleKotlinCheck'.
> The following files have format violations:
    subprojects\buildext\src\main\kotlin\org\apache\calcite\buildtools\buildext\BuildExtPlugin.kt

Please guide on how can this be avoided to successfully setup Calcite with Eclipse on Windows.

Thanks & Regards,
Shubh

Re: Setting up Calcite in Eclipse on Windows

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shubh,

I am not using Windows nor Eclipse myself so cannot help much here.

The first thing that comes to mind when I see the error is a line ending
problem.

Did you checkout the code via git or you downloaded the release artifacts?

Apart from that It is not uncommon to encounter problems among different
IDEs when trying to build a project.
For Calcite we have some instructions on how to set up IDEA and Netbeans at
[1] so I would suggest trying those.
I know that many people are using IntelliJ so it might be easier to get
started.
Don't know if anybody is using Eclipse but if you manage to make it work it
would be nice to enrich [1] with additional details.

Best,
Stamatis

[1]
https://calcite.apache.org/docs/howto.html#setting-up-an-ide-for-contributing