Posted to user@struts.apache.org by as...@polaris.co.in on 2003/06/12 13:02:27 UTC

how can I make struts api more verbose

hi,

I am working on tomcat and struts 1.1.   I have configured log4j(1.2.7)
with my application.  But the Struts api output is going to Tomcat log,
while any output given by me is going to correct file as I configured. I
think the tomcat logging is clashing with my log4j.

Am I missing something ?

Regds
Ashwani

Re: how can I make struts api more verbose

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Hi Ashwani,
this is a stab in the dark so it might not work, but I just configured
struts 1.1 this morning to log properly through jdk 1.4 logging, and
from the docs it seems that struts should log to whatever you use,
presumably including log4j.

So try setting up some log4j configuration to control the output from
the logger "org.apache.struts" and see if you can steer it like that.

Adam