Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by tobe <to...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/26 14:44:45 UTC

Set SO_REUSEADDR to restart the service faster

We have deployed a large HBase cluster in our production environment.
Sometimes a few region servers crash and we have supervisord to bring them
up. Occasionally it shows "address always in use" because the operation
system doesn't release the port immediately.

Recently I read something about socket and SO_REUSEADDR. Can we use
SO_REUSEADDR for our service to reduce the time of waiting the port?

It's not problem. Just Curiosity.