Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ca...@netzero.com on 2003/11/16 04:47:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Can anyone tell me why my documents do not show?

I am using:

Redhat 9
Apache 2.0.48

./configure prefix=/usr/local/apache

In /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf, I have left the default setup for server root (/usr/local/apache) and documentroot(/usr/local/apache/htdocs). I see the test page that says'Apache is configured correctly', and that I may 'move documents into /var/www. Why would I do that if documentroot is /usr/local/apache? What am I missing?

Yes, I am ready to be flamed.

CC

Re: [users@httpd] Can anyone tell me why my documents do not show?

Posted by Jez Hancock <je...@munk.nu>.
On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 03:47:05AM +0000, cagey_cretin@netzero.com wrote:
> In /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf, I have left the default setup
> for server root (/usr/local/apache) and
> documentroot(/usr/local/apache/htdocs). I see the test page that
> says'Apache is configured correctly', and that I may 'move documents
> into /var/www. Why would I do that if documentroot is
> /usr/local/apache? What am I missing?
I don't run rh9 but perhaps /var/www/ is symlinked to
/usr/local/apache/htdocs?

Or perhaps redhat's httpd installation process just doesn't correct the
paths in the default index files?

If it works I wouldn't complain too much :P

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer

http://munk.nu/