Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> on 2006/11/15 15:19:14 UTC

Still can't update website

Adam,

how did you manage to update the website last time?  I still get:

[twgoetz@minotaur /www/incubator.apache.org/uima]$ svn update
svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Permission denied

Anything I'm doing wrong?

--Thilo

Re: Still can't update website

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> For those who don't remember how to do this, try:
> a) signon to your people.apache.org account
> b) at the unix command prompt type:
>
> echo umask 002 > .bash_profile
>
> To check, do this command:
> cat .bash_profile

And for those a little less nimble with the command line (like myself),
there is also an emacs installed ;-)

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 11/15/06, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:
> For those who don't remember how to do this, try:
> a) signon to your people.apache.org account
> b) at the unix command prompt type:
>
> echo umask 002 > .bash_profile
>
> To check, do this command:
> cat .bash_profile

Also, to check that it is *really* working, logout and log back in, then do:
$ touch foo
$ ls -l foo

The file mode should be:
-rw-rw-r--

Re: Still can't update website

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
For those who don't remember how to do this, try:
a) signon to your people.apache.org account
b) at the unix command prompt type:

echo umask 002 > .bash_profile

To check, do this command:
cat .bash_profile

-Marshall

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
>> I thought I set my umask according to the instructions... which should
>> have prevented this.  I'll investigate more.
>
> Ahh.. mystery solved.  I had edited the umask in .cshrc, but the my
> default login shell appears to be bash, so that didn't do anything.  I
> created a .bash_profile with just the line "umask 002" and I've
> verified that new files I create are now group-writable.
>
> -Adam

Thanks!

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
>> I was too quick with my reply.  Could you change permissions on
>> /www/incubator.apache.org/uima/.svn as well, please?
>
> I think I got them all now.  (Annoyingly there doesn't seem to be a
> recursive option for chmod, unless I'm missing something.)
>  -Adam

Looking good, I was able to update the website.  Thanks again.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 11/15/06, Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Adam,
>
> how did you manage to update the website last time?  I still get:
>
> [twgoetz@minotaur /www/incubator.apache.org/uima]$ svn update
> svn: Can't open file '.svn/lock': Permission denied
>
> Anything I'm doing wrong?

I checked and I see that the website files are not group-writable.  I
chmod'ed them so you should be able to overwite them now.