Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2009/08/18 21:04:29 UTC

pear packaging maven plugin documentation question

The current docs for the pear packaging maven plugin say that you need
to make your project depend on the plugin, by adding it to the
dependency set of your project that is using it.

I don't think this is correct.  I think that the maven plugin tools are
specified separately from the project dependencies.  So, it should not
be required to add anything to a project's dependency set for this.
Instead, you would just need to include it in the <build> ... <plugins>
<plugin>....  section.

Is this right?

-Marshall

Re: pear packaging maven plugin documentation question

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Marshall Schor wrote:
> The current docs for the pear packaging maven plugin say that you need
> to make your project depend on the plugin, by adding it to the
> dependency set of your project that is using it.
>
> I don't think this is correct.  I think that the maven plugin tools are
> specified separately from the project dependencies.  So, it should not
> be required to add anything to a project's dependency set for this.
> Instead, you would just need to include it in the <build> ... <plugins>
> <plugin>....  section.
>
> Is this right?

Test it by removing the dependency from a sandbox project - it built
just fine. So I think this is correct.  I'll update the doc. -Marshall