Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by swone <st...@hotmail.com> on 2015/11/02 18:10:34 UTC

Re: ActiveMQ Topic Messages Not Delivered

Tim Bain wrote
> Re: #1: Do you remember what the other two advisory topic names were?

The other two I was seeing were ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Topic.xxxxx and
ActiveMQ.Adivsory.Expire.Topic.xxxxx . Looking at things this morning I'm
also seeing the "Producer" topic as well. Maybe these topics only appear
when the are being used?

Re: ActiveMQ Topic Messages Not Delivered

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
In the default configuration, ActiveMQ will auto-create a destination when
a consumer subscribes to it or when a message is produced to it, whichever
happens first.  Brokers in networks of brokers subscribe to the consumer
advisory topics (so they know where to route messages) but don't subscribe
to the other two, so those will be created only when messages are published
to them.