Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vy Ho <st...@drexel.edu> on 2005/04/14 19:21:35 UTC

Duplicate configuration file

Please tell me if this is a bug in Tomcat.
I just ran into this problem.  It would help someone running into a same
issue.

I deploy a webapp with datasource configured through ROOT.xml (inside
conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml).  The data source was not found when I
run the webapp.  So, I check the admin, and the database source is there
under "/".  The error was that the connection fail because of the driver
class '' and the url string null.  After awhile, I found out that there
is another file under conf/Catalina/localhost named .xml.  So this one
override the another.  The problem is that admin picks up the ROOT.xml,
while the engine picks up .xml. I am not sure what the spec says about
this, but this seems really fishy.