Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by wangsan <wq...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/12 15:06:41 UTC

ZookeeperDiscovery block when communication error

I have a server node in zone A ,then I start a client from zone B, Now access
between A,B was controlled by firewall,The acl is B can access A,but A can
not access B.
So when client in zone B join the cluster,the communication will fail caused
by firewall.

But when client in zone B closed, The cluster will be crashed(hang on new
join even from same zone without fireWall). And when restart the coordinator
server(If I started two servers in Zone A) .Another server will hang with
communication.

Looks like the whole cluster crashed when a node join failed by firewall.

But when I use tcpDiscovery, I didn't saw the cluster crash. Just saw some
communication errors,And when new node join,It still be well.

Is this a ZookeeperDiscovery bug?

The log is : zkcommuerror.log
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1807/zkcommuerror.log>

Re: ZookeeperDiscovery block when communication error

Posted by wangsan <wq...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!
When I use zk discovery.I find many nodes in zookeeper path /jd/ .
In my opinion.When new node join,Then a new /jd/ child node will be
created,When the node join the cluster success,the /jd/ path will be
removed.But in my cluster,That will be many remnant /jd/ nodes.

Re: ZookeeperDiscovery block when communication error

Posted by Pavel Kovalenko <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Wangsan,

Seems it's known issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9493 .