Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by ma...@mjwilcox.com on 2000/04/10 01:31:37 UTC

interceptor success!

Hi,
I finally got Tomcat to startup with my new interceptor. I had placed
the jar files in my classpath directory trying to get it compiled in
the first place. Once I removed those, it started up.

Still quite a bit of a way to go.

Now I"m trying to figure out where to put the context-param so that
my interceptor can load that information up at startup.

Mark

Re: interceptor success!

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
mark@mjwilcox.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I finally got Tomcat to startup with my new interceptor. I had placed
> the jar files in my classpath directory trying to get it compiled in
> the first place. Once I removed those, it started up.
>
> Still quite a bit of a way to go.
>
> Now I"m trying to figure out where to put the context-param so that
> my interceptor can load that information up at startup.

The <context-param> entries go *before* any <servlet> entries in the
web.xml file.  See the web.dtd file (or the spec), which lists the
required order of sub-elements for the <web-app> element.

Note also the syntax error I pointed out in a response yesterday -- you
have to declare each parameter in its own <context-param> element.

> Mark

Craig