Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thilo Klein <os...@arcor.de> on 2009/01/26 21:16:55 UTC

Object detection on apache using perl

I want to approach web server programming.

What I did: On /my/ hosted Apache-Webserver, on Plesk I activated Perl.

What I want to do: I want to write a script which downloads a photo from
a given url and detects objects on it - in other words, I want
hough transformation, edge detection etc. - all to be done on the
apache-webserver.

Thing is I have experience in python but not in Perl.

Which sample codes dealt with a similar issue on an "a patchy" webserver
with Perl activated?

Regards from Germany

Thilo

Re: Object detection on apache using perl

Posted by Perrin Harkins <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Thilo Klein <os...@arcor.de> wrote:
> Which kind of permission do I need from my domain hoster for that?

For mod_perl?  Just ask them if they support mod_perl.  If they say
no, ask if they support FastCGI.  Or, if you don't care much about the
speed, you can just go with CGI.  Everyone has that.

- Perrin

Re: Object detection on apache using perl

Posted by Thilo Klein <os...@arcor.de>.

Posted by Perrin Harkins <ph...@gmail.com>.