Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Gary Lam <ga...@webaddressbook.com> on 2001/05/16 10:46:38 UTC

Ask For Help: WebSphere and Apache SOAP

Hi all,
	I'm new to SOAP.  I have followed the steps listed in the installation guide to set up SOAP server in WebSphere Application Server(3.5.2) using Apache SOAP 2.1.  However when I use the web admin tool, the deploy.jsp return just a blank html.  I have tried to use the ServiceManagerClient as well, but when trying
to deploy using command line, I got a SOAPException as follows:

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol; msg=Unsupported response content type "text/html; charset=iso-8859-1", must be: "text/xml". Response was:
]
	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
	at org.apache.soap.SOAPException.<init>(SOAPException.java:71)
	at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.getEnvelopeString(Call.java:173)
	at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:210)
	at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClient.java:127)
	at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java:140)
	at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:228)

     Is there anything that I still neet to configure in WebSphere or HTTP Server?
     Thank you for your kindly help.

Best Regards,
Gary