Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jvsrvcs <jv...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/30 19:15:00 UTC

Struts2 - Is sitemesh embedded / forced to use?

I am trying to get a very simple struts2 HelloWorld app to work (with maven2)

I think I have everything but I keep getting this error:
	Messages:
	Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: XML parsing error on file
/WEB-INF/sitemesh-page.tld: (line 1, col 1)
	File:	org/apache/jasper/compiler/TldLocationsCache.java
	Line number:	248

I do not have /WEB-INF/sitemesh-page.tld and there is no config file
anywhere that references
anything to do with sitemesh (grep'd all files).

What could be the problem?

Am I forced to use sitemesh?  If so, where do I get a sample
sitemesh-page.tld so it does not complain?

There is no Struts2 tutorial that ever mentions I need sitemesh-page.tld
somewhere.

thanks

Re: Struts2 - Is sitemesh embedded / forced to use?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I am pretty sure Struts does not force you to use Sitemesh.

Posted by Saeed Iqbal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Do you have Sitemesh filter in your web.xml?

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM, jvsrvcs <jv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get a very simple struts2 HelloWorld app to work (with
> maven2)
>
> I think I have everything but I keep getting this error:
>        Messages:
>        Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: XML parsing error on file
> /WEB-INF/sitemesh-page.tld: (line 1, col 1)
>        File:   org/apache/jasper/compiler/TldLocationsCache.java
>        Line number:    248
>

> I do not have /WEB-INF/sitemesh-page.tld and there is no config file
> anywhere that references
> anything to do with sitemesh (grep'd all files).
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> Am I forced to use sitemesh?  If so, where do I get a sample
> sitemesh-page.tld so it does not complain?
>
> There is no Struts2 tutorial that ever mentions I need sitemesh-page.tld
> somewhere.
>
> thanks

Saeed Iqbal
Independant Consultant (Freelance)
Struts - J2EE - Application Architect / Developer