Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/29 12:32:05 UTC

1.4 ETA

Sorry I hope it hasn't been asked too many times but is it possible to
have a 1.4 ETA? I have to take a decision in the next month about
starting with 1.2 or waiting for the 1.4 release.

Thank!
--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: 1.4 ETA

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank I am looking forward to use 1.4!
On 1/17/06, Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:
> Bob Harner wrote:
>
> >On 1/16/06, Sean Fulton <fu...@cmu.edu> wrote:

> >>I'd also appriciate an (even rough) estimate of when 1.4 will be
> >>nearing completion.
> >>
> >>        Sean
> >>

> >Those developers who are most qualified to estimate this are
> >understandably reluctant to do so.
> >
> >I haven't been involved in 1.4 development, but based on the
> >conversations I've seen on the dev mailing list I would guess that a
> >1.4 release is still 2 to 5 months away.  I welcome being corrected by
> >anyone more knowledgeable...
> >

> well, to be honest this seems to be reasonable. From my point of view
> there are three things/four things to do before releasing:
>
> 1) "Refactor" the resource type framework
> 2) "Refator" the navigation framework
> 3) Finish JCR integration
> 4) Fix Bugs and minor issues as good as possible.
>

> I don't think the above mentioned things are as much effort as one might
> think,
> but still somebody needs to spend time on it and I guess most of us need
> to do
> customer projects to earn our living.
>
> As an alternativ on could relase it right know and move the above to
> 1.6-dev, but I don't
> think that's a good idea ...
>
> Michi

> Michael Wechner
> Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management   -    Apache Lenya
> http://www.wyona.com                      http://lenya.apache.org
> michael.wechner@wyona.com                        michi@apache.org

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: 1.4 ETA

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Re: 1.4 ETA

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.4 ETA

Posted by Sean Fulton <fu...@cmu.edu>.
On 2005-12-29 06:32:05 -0500, Alexandre Poitras