Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Xuekun Hu <xu...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/04 03:01:02 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_disk_cache config help

I have been puzzled by the help doc of mod_disk_cache config that "
CacheDirLevels*CacheDirLength value must not be higher than 20".

When I set this value
   CacheRoot /usr/local/apache/cache/
   CacheDirLength 7
   CacheDirLevels 2

This error "CacheDirLevels*CacheDirLength value must not be higher
than 20" is still happened.

I looked at the source code and unstood why this error was happened
because when first setting CacheDirLength value, CacheDirLevels wasn't
be set, and used the default value 3. So 7*3 is higher than 20.

Now in my instance, the DirLength has 7 characters, and DirLevel has 2
subdirectory levels. So how do I config the mod_disk_cache? Maybe set
CacheRoot to subdirectory respectively, instead of the upper
directory? But I have many this subdrectories.

Any help are appreciated.

Thx, Xuekun

BTW, why not set CACHEFILE_LEN larger? performance issue? I think in
real world most directory name has lots of characters.

Re: [users@httpd] mod_disk_cache config help

Posted by Xuekun Hu <xu...@gmail.com>.
> Sounds like a small bug.  But it also sounds like it could be fixed
> simply by reversing the order of the two directives in the config
> file.

How about this config
   CacheDirLevels 11
   CacheDirLength 1
Though nobody wouldn't config like that.

> Incidentally, why do you want to fool around with this anyway?  The
> default setting of these directives should be perfectly fine for
> almost all sites.

Sorry, I misunderstood these two directives meanings. These two
directives are used to config cache hierarchy where cached data are
put in disk, instead of the raw directory that will cache.

Thx, Xuekun

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.