Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> on 2006/04/06 21:17:30 UTC

Re: svn commit: r19215 - trunk/subversion/tests

cmpilato@tigris.org wrote:
> Author: cmpilato
> Date: Thu Apr  6 14:14:51 2006
> New Revision: 19215
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/subversion/tests/svn_test_main.c
>
> Log:
> Revert r19197.  Despite all the things I did to review and test this
> patch, I never actually ran 'make check', which fails instantly.  Need
> to find a way to allow custom options to the C test programs if this
> is going to work, because libsvn_subr/config-test wants a --srcdir
> parameter, and libsvn_delta/random-test has a whole slew of things it
> wants.

*That's* embarrassing.

Kamesh, I think a little more work is needed here.  (And once again, a task
dubbed "bite-sized" by a CollabNet engineer turns out to be larger than
expected.  What else is new?)

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

Re: svn commit: r19215 - trunk/subversion/tests

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 4/7/06, Kamesh Jayachandran <ka...@collab.net> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Sorry my mistake. Thought that 'make check' only runs the python testsuite.
> Just ran repos-test C test prog which worked and thought things are fine.
>
> Find the attached patch which ignores the invalid option error to
> facilitate recieving arbitary args for testcases.

Committed, with a few tweaks to the code (C style comments instead of
c++ style, removed a useless cast, used sizeof instead of hardcoding
200 in the call to apr_strerror) and log message, in r19227.

Thanks!

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r19215 - trunk/subversion/tests

Posted by Kamesh Jayachandran <ka...@collab.net>.
Hi Mike,

Sorry my mistake. Thought that 'make check' only runs the python testsuite.
Just ran repos-test C test prog which worked and thought things are fine.

Find the attached patch which ignores the invalid option error to
facilitate recieving arbitary args for testcases.

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran

[[[
   Fix issue #2532, Make svn C test harness to behave the same way as
   python test harness w.r.t --fs-type, --list switches.

* subversion/tests/svn_test_main.c
  (main): Using apr_getopt to parse the command line switches.
          Thanks to apr_getopt now the svn 'C' test programs,
          can be called with --fs-type [bdb/fsfs].
          The --list switch has been implemented to list the tests.
          Removed the notice message printed, on non-numeric arguments
          beyond argv[1].
]]]