Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Jesús Martín <xe...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/30 10:19:18 UTC

wiseman project

Hi, I found a project that follows others specifications (of DMTF). What are
the essential differences between Muse and this project, and between DMTF's
specifications and OASIS's specifications?

Thanks
Jesús

Re: wiseman project

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi,

The wiseman project is implementing Microsoft's WS-Management spec, which
is kind of a competitor to WSDM/WSRF. The two are similar in many ways but
different in XML schema and their broader goals.

Fortunately, Microsoft and the major WS-* supporters have gotten together
to try and "reconcile" their differences with a merged set of specs[1]. We
do not know when these specs will be published (let alone ratified), but
their existence does give us hope that build one OSS WS-* implementation
that meets everyone's interoperability needs.

On today's developer call, one of our agenda items is to discuss how we
plan to tackle the reconcilation specs in Muse and what our timeline for
that should be. I'll make sure the muse-user list is included on the
minutes of the meeting so you can see what was discussed and join the
muse-dev list if it interests you.

[1]
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/specification/ws-roadmap/

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Jemiolo
IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park, NC

+++ I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat
donuts. +++