Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2008/12/04 09:43:24 UTC

hotwaxmedia.com cert expired 12/3

shows up on demo server.

Re: hotwaxmedia.com cert expired 12/3

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
It depends on what you mean by "making any money off of OfBiz".
Hotwax, just like many other companies in the OFBiz community, makes
money providing services and some of those services are related to
OFBiz. However, Hotwax does not sell licenses to OFBiz or derive any
direct revenue from the software in any way.

So, IMO, it would be correct to say "Hotwax makes money using OFBiz"
but not that "Hotwax makes money of off OFBiz". Anyone who attended
ApacheCon knows that Hotwax makes money doing things related to OFBiz,
at least enough to sponsor 2 days of training with 3 instructors for
which Hotwax paid travel expenses and salary time but the company
received no payment for the services, have another 5 or so people
attending, have 3 people deliver session presentations, and to be the
only Platinum sponsor for the conference (in other words Hotwax put
more into it than Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, etc, etc).

-David

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Btw, this is fixed - thanks for the heads up.  After the server migration - the old cert was on there and hadn't been updated yet.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert