Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mark Warner <Mw...@harthosp.org> on 2004/03/05 20:25:20 UTC

[OT] variable type

Please forgive the OT.. if anyone can direct me to a more suitable list
for perl issues not specific to mod_perl, I'll be very grateful.

I need to know if there is any easy way to determine the type of
referent a reference points to (aside from printing the contents of the
reference 'ARRAY (0x36x486)' to a string and parsing it (unless this is
already a reliable method, I'm worried about this breaking in a .1
release).

[Mark Warner | Sr Programmer Analyst | IS, Hartford Hospital |
860.545.3909 | mwarner@harthosp.org ]

Re: [OT] variable type

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 14:25, Mark Warner wrote:
> Please forgive the OT.. if anyone can direct me to a more suitable list
> for perl issues not specific to mod_perl, I'll be very grateful.

Here are some resources for perl questions:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/offsite/other.html

- Perrin

Re: [OT] variable type

Posted by Roger Davenport <rd...@hotels.com>.
if (ref($myreference) eq "ARRAY") { print "This is an array!"; }

Roger