Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roland Kwee <kw...@xs4all.nl> on 2004/03/26 23:03:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Configuration help

Do you have something like this in your httpd.conf file:
  allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
You could add another "allow from" with the network address
of your ethernet or of www.gwmc.biz.

Roland

> I have the latest Apache installed on my system and can see the default
> apache page if I point my browser to http://localhost however, if I put
> the real url that I want to eventually use http://www.gwmc.biz I get
> page not found. Is there something that I am doing wrong?
>
> I thought the localhost should be interchangeable with the eventual
> domain name? The computer is not connected to the internet yet, could
> that be the reason for this page not found message?
>
> Thank you all in advance

[users@httpd] mod_ldap

Posted by wr...@donovandata.com.

Cannot get working on a RedHat 7.3 box - ldap-status is always "Cache has
not been enabled/initialised.".  Protocol analyzer shows LDAP queries are
not cached, leading to excessive slowness.

Same configuration works just fine on a RedHat Enterprise Linux 2.1 box,
caching works just fine.

RH 7.3 kernel is 2.4.20-28.7, RHEL 2.1 kernel is 2.4.9-e.24.

Tried 2.0.47, 2.0.48, 2.0.49, all source builds.

Tried:

./configure --enable-layout=RedHat --with-ldap --enable-ldap
--enable-auth-ldap --enable-mods-shared=all
./configure --enable-layout=RedHat --with-ldap --enable-ldap=static
--enable-auth-ldap=static --enable-mods-shared=all

Anyone got any clues?

Wrolf