Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2020/07/07 01:28:42 UTC

[VOTE] Fourth release candidate for HBase 2.3.0 (RC3) is available

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,
hbase-2.3.0RC3

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.3.0

The tag to be voted on is 2.3.0RC3:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.3.0RC3

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.3.0RC3/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1396/

Artifacts were signed with the ndimiduk@apache.org key which can be found
in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache hbase, please see

  http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] Fourth release candidate for HBase 2.3.0 (RC3) is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Nightlies mostly pass:
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase%20Nightly/job/branch-2.3/

We've been flakey free for a while but
TestHBaseFsckCleanReplicationBarriers keeps coming around failing at a rate
that is beyond our last 30 checks:
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-Find-Flaky-Tests/job/branch-2.3/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dashboard.html

Seems fine in some scale tests I've been running.

Signature is good (we need to have a key signing party) as is the hash.

Downloaded src, built w/ release profile, and ran a 5M upload. Verified all
landed.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 11:07 PM Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> * Signature: ok
> * Checksum : ok
> * Rat check (1.8.0_251): ok
>  - mvn clean apache-rat:check
> * Built from source (1.8.0_251): ok
>  - mvn clean install -DskipTests
> * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_251): ok
>  - mvn package -P runAllTests
> * CRUD: ok
> * WebUI: ok
> * Flush/Compaction: ok
> * Load 5M rows using LTT: ok
>
> All tests passed :)

Hurray (on all tests passing!)

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
With 4x +1 (binding), 2x +1, and no additional ballots cast, this VOTE
passes.

Thank you to everyone who spent time with these release candidates and
congratulations to the community on a new minor release!

Thanks,
Nick

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) with note

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_252): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_252): ok

Posted by Huaxiang Sun <hu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

        * Signature: ok

        * Checksum : ok

        * Rat check (1.8.0_242): ok

         - mvn clean apache-rat:check

        * Built from source (1.8.0_242): ok

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1

* Signature: ok
* Checksum: ok
* Compatibility Report vs 2.2.0: ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_222): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_222): ok
 - mvn clean install -DskipTests
 - ./bin/hbase master start
* Built from source (11.0.4+11): ok
 - mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dhadoop.profile=3.0
 - ./bin/hbase master start
* Unit tests: ok
 - Jenkins is looking pretty good overall.
 - A couple flaky tests remain, and we continue to see failures due to
INFRA-20025
* Binary artifact (bin.tar.gz): ok
 - "HBase Version" matches git tag
 - "HBase Source Checksum" is missing, filed HBASE-24697
 - ./bin/hbase master start
* ITBLL: ok
 - have spent ~48 hours of ITBLL running since rc0. Verify always succeeds.
* saintstack/hbase-downstreamer: ok
 - mvn -Dhbase.2.version=2.3.0 -Dhbase.staging.repository='
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1396/'
-Dhadoop.version=2.10.0 -Dslf4j.version=1.7.30 clean package
 - had to exclude zookeeper from hadoop-common, which still depends
on zookeeper-3.4.9 and is
missing org/apache/zookeeper/common/X509Exception$SSLContextException

There are 5 known critical bugs with affectsVersion: 2.3.0, 3 related to
assignment manager and 2 related to replication. None are new regressions
over existing 2.x release lines.