Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Soumyadeep Mukhopadhyay <so...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/08 20:28:48 UTC

[Question] RelNode to PTransform possible?

Hello Team,

I have a use case where I need Apache Calcite to parse, validate the query
and then apply some planner rules.

I was hoping to leverage the capabilities of the Apache Beam on top of
Calcite so that I can build on top of what we have already done, and apply
it at scale. One approach that came to mind was to either convert the
RelNode to something equivalent in Beam (like PTransform maybe?
https://beam.apache.org/releases/javadoc/2.29.0/org/apache/beam/sdk/extensions/sql/impl/rel/BeamRelNode.html
).

Any opinion/suggestion on this will be really appreciated! Thanks for your
time and consideration!

With regards,
Soumyadeep Mukhopadhyay.

Re: [Question] RelNode to PTransform possible?

Posted by Soumyadeep Mukhopadhyay <so...@gmail.com>.
Anyone? It would be of great help even if you point me to some other
channel if this is not the intended forum to ask these kinds of questions.
I have tried signing up in the user@beam.apache.org channel but I was
unsuccessful, it did not let my email pass through.

Soumyadeep.