Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com> on 2020/12/04 20:19:07 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Avro 1.10.1 released

Please note: I mistakenly sent this same message earlier today with the
wrong subject!  It is, in fact, 1.10.1 that was released.  My apologies!

The Apache Avro community is pleased to announce the release of Avro 1.10.1!

All signed release artifacts, signatures and verification instructions can
be
found here: https://avro.apache.org/releases.html

This release includes 33 Jira issues, including some interesting features:

C#: AVRO-2750 Support for enum defaults
C++: AVRO-2891 Expose last sync offset written on DataFileWriter
Java: AVRO-2924 SpecificCompiler add 'LocalDateTime' logical type
Java: AVRO-2937 Expose some missing flags in SpecificCompilerTool
PHP: AVRO-2096 Fixes to missing functions
Ruby: AVRO-2907 Ruby schema.single_object_schema_fingerprint is reversed

Migration notes:
Java: AVRO-2817 Turn off validateDefaults when reading legacy Avro files
Python: AVRO-2656 avro-python package is now the preferred python3 library
and
                  avro-python3 is prepared to be deprecated

And of course upgraded dependencies to latest versions, CVE fixes and more:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AVRO%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.10.1

The link to all fixed JIRA issues and a brief summary can be found at:
https://github.com/apache/avro/releases/tag/release-1.10.1

In addition, language-specific release artifacts are available:

* C#: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Apache.Avro/1.10.1
* Java: from Maven Central,
* Javascript: https://www.npmjs.com/package/avro-js/v/1.10.1
* Python 2: https://pypi.org/project/avro/1.10.1/
* Python 3: https://pypi.org/project/avro-python3/1.10.1/
* Ruby: https://rubygems.org/gems/avro/versions/1.10.1

Thanks to everyone for contributing!

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Avro 1.10.1 released

Posted by Hisham El-Sheshtawy <hi...@sparkmeter.io>.
Thanks for all the hard work everyone!

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.