Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/10/22 19:03:55 UTC

Re: [Vote]: Ovidiu Predescu as new committer

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:34:25 +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> given the recent flood of commits of very high quality and his
> continuous support of the project, I'd like to prose Ovidiu Predescu as
> new committer.
>
> Please make your votation.
>
> Stefano.

That's pretty honoring, thanks all for your proposals and your votes!

Let me briefly introduce myself.

I started programming while I was in high school, back in 1984, and
did programming in several languages, including Fortran, ASM for
various processors, C, Objective-C, Python, Perl, Lisp, Java, and many
more.

I've contributed to various free software projects like GNUstep (a
free implementation of NeXT/Apple's OpenStep API), the Objective-C
compiler front-end and runtime library in GCC (I'm one the
maintainers), and GDB, the GNU debugger. More recently I've been
involved with Xalan, (where I'm actually committer), and Cocoon. I
developed some pet projects on my own or with friends, most notably
XSLT-process, an Emacs mode for XSLT processing and debugging. I'm
also investigating Ant as the framework to implement functional
testing for HTTP and SOAP services.

I've been working with Cocoon1 since about February 2000, and since
earlier this year, on C2. I've been initially focused on supporting
multiple devices; now I work on adding SOAP support in C2. The HP
group I work on is currently using Cocoon2 as the framework for
building the Web services infrastructure.

I am honored by your nomination and hope I'll bring my contributions
to Cocoon in the years to come.

Best regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>