Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shawn Heeley <Sh...@entrust.com> on 2007/05/04 14:47:53 UTC

XPath Extractor Issue

Hi folks,

I'm new to JMeter.  This is my first attempt at using it to performance
test a Web Services application.  I have a web services call that
results in an XML body response.  In the response is the following (I'm
paraphrasing this):

<soap:Envelope><soapenv:Body><getChallengeReturn><challenge><item><Row>0
</Row><Column>0</Column></item><item><Row>4</Row><Column>3</Column></ite
m><item><Row>1</Row><Column>4</Column></item></challenge>

Before the next web services request, I need to parse out all of the
"coordinate" data, find the correct answers, then add them dynamically
into the next web services call.  I've done this as follows:

Challenge Request
 - XPath Extractor

Challenge Response
 - BeanShell PreProcessor

Inside the XPath Extractor, I have the following:
//soapenv:Envelope//soapenv:Body//getChallengeReturn//challenge/*  w/ a
default value of not_found

Inside the BeanShell PreProcessor, I'm just printing to the console what
I'm getting.  And I'm getting nothing:  grid_val=not_found

I was hoping my XPath query would grab everything between the
<challenge></challenge> tags and then I could parse it within the
BeanShellPreProcessor.  Am I going about this the wrong way?  I need
access to all of the matched Row/Column "items" in the XML above within
the BeanShellPreProcessor.  Should I just use a regex and grab the whole
string or the whole body response?  Is there a smarter XPath query?

Thanks for the help.
Shawn

Re: XPath Extractor Issue

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@sharpmind.de>.

Shawn Heeley wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> Inside the XPath Extractor, I have the following:
> //soapenv:Envelope//soapenv:Body//getChallengeReturn//challenge/*  w/ a
> default value of not_found

Not sure, I have used XPath only once, but at least on Linux JMeter was
happy with single slashes, not double.

What helped me with the XPath queries was save the .xml to a temporary file
and looking at it with XPath Explorer

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xpe/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/xpe/