Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/05 17:26:57 UTC

Migrate website from Confluence to ASF CMS

Now that ESME is a top-level project, it'd be a good
time to migrate the esme website from Confluence to
the new ASF CMS.  The org is phasing out Confluence
backed websites as unsupportable and the infrastructure
team is now requesting that all new TLPs migrate off
Confluence as part of their transition effort.

Details on the cms are available at:

   https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/the_asf_cms

There are conversion utilities available.  Let me know
when you'd like to start the process.

Re: Migrate website from Confluence to ASF CMS

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I know..
I tried looking through the project sites, but can't seem to find the two .pm files anywhere. (except Stanbol)

/Anne

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
I have found 3 projects, with 3 different sets of files - so I can generate *something* and hope it isn't too far off.

/Anne

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
I used the files from Aries ;-)
Hope it won't be too far off...

I have created an INFRA JIRA task to set up the CMS and staging site:

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
I'd try it and see if it works.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
Could someone please help me with the path.pm and view.pm files?
I am at a loss for what they need to contain.
"The build system relies on lib/path.pm to provide a specially formatted @patterns array to give the build system hints on which view to run for a given source file. The patterns are checked in order, and if none of the patterns match, the source file will simply be copied over to the build tree. Each element of the @patterns array is an arrayref which consists of 3 items: the pattern to test, the name of the view function to call, and a hashref of named parameters to pass (by value) to the view function. The patterns are tested against files based on their location rooted within the content/ subdirectory.

The build system also requires the view functions in lib/view.pm to return 2 values, the first being the generated content, and the second being the new file extension."

I tried to take a look at what Stanbol (Incubator project) has done, but it didn't get me much further.

/Anne

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
Commit it to:

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.