Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Henry J Cooper <hc...@ev1.net> on 2001/01/17 17:47:21 UTC

struts mods and weblogic 6 - availability?

hello,
i've read the messages about struts and weblogic 6 in the archive but
something is not clear to me. Has Struts 1.0 code (nightly binaries) been
updated to work with weblogic 6? If so, as of what build?

thanx-
Henry

struts-test errors

Posted by Henry J Cooper <hc...@ev1.net>.
hello,
i've intalled struts-test.war on weblogic 6.0 and have found two of the test
to fail.

1) under BEAN Tags the <bean:cookie> test fails with a "The page cannot be
displayed" error in the browser and the following in the console:
<Error> <HTTP> <[WebAppServletContext(3930716,struts-test)] Servlet failed
with Exception
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspException: (line 25): sess is not defined as bean

2) under HTML Tags the <html:multibox> test fails with a "Error
500--Internal Server Error" error in the browser and the following in the
console:
<Error> <HTTP> <[WebAppServletContext(3930716,struts-test)] Root cause of
ServletExceptio
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean under name null

anybody know anything about these?

thanx-
Henry

RE: struts mods and weblogic 6 - availability?

Posted by "Deadman, Hal" <ha...@tallan.com>.
I think the only change you need to make to get the latest builds to work
with Weblogic 6.0 is make
share\org\apache\struts\util\PropertyMessageResourcesFactory.java implement
java.io.Serializable.

here is the patch:
public class PropertyMessageResourcesFactory extends MessageResourcesFactory
implements java.io.Serializable {

There are no doubt other problems but that's all I have run into with my
limited Struts experience. I am hoping someone has this on their list of
fixes to make.

Hal