Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2005/11/29 17:01:13 UTC

upgrade quirks

I found two quirks after the upgrade.
(1) Comments were disabled at the global level.  Caused a minor mystery,
but I did manage to resolve it.
(2) The upgrade left the server enabled for new user registration
although I had it disabled before the upgrade.  Not sure why this
happened.  This resulted in someone registering on my server and setting
up a blog with the username "test" possibly to be used for spam, but
possibly only an experiment without any malicious intent.

Did anyone else experience this?  I feel that item (2) requires a
warning be sent to the users list and possibly a patch, but this may
just have been a quirk in my own installation somehow.

--a.

Re: upgrade quirks

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.
Hmmm ... If you guys still have log files from when you first deployed 2.0 it should have an INFO line indicating that the new runtime property "users.comments.enabled" was added with a value of "true".  See if you can track that down.

I double checked the runtime config defs file and the default value for that property is "true", so the only possibility I can think of is that somehow you guys already had that property set to "false" in your db.  Not sure how it would have got there though.

-- Allen

Re: upgrade quirks

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.