Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Perry Hunchak <ph...@palmtreebusiness.com> on 2001/05/03 16:27:28 UTC

Using System Environment variables

Is there any way to use the system environment variables (for windows)
in the build.xml file ant uses?

I currently use specify my tomcat home by pointing to the file system
path

example:
  <property name="tomcat.home" value="d:/java/tomcat3.2.1"/>

But I'd like to just use the system environment variable so I could use
this on different servers

example:
  <property name="tomcat.home" value="Tomcat_Home"/>

Is there any way to do this?

Re: Using System Environment variables

Posted by Stephen Graham <sg...@bigpond.com>.
You could also write your own task to read the environemt variables you.

Regards
Stephen Graham.

Posted by Fabian Mörchen <Fa...@math.uni-giessen.de>.
hi

haven't tried on win, but this work on linux:

<property environment="env"/>

${env.JAVA_HOME}

bye
fabian