Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Matt Goeke <go...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 02:34:22 UTC

Oozie shell action calling hdfs cli

All,

Is it possible for an oozie shell action to call the hdfs cli? I have tried
this both with "hadoop distcp <blah> <blah>" as well as "hadoop fs -ls
<blah>" and each time I try it I get the following error:

Error: Exception thrown by the agent :
java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: <port_value>;
nested exception is:
	java.net.BindException: Address already in use
Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class
[org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.ShellMain], exit code [1]

I am assuming this is because we are binding <port_value> as the
tasktracker jmx port in the hadoop-env.sh and it is being executed a second
time when it tries to use the CLI. If I am on the right track is there a
simple way around this?

Thanks.

--
Matt

Re: Oozie shell action calling hdfs cli

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Matt,

this may be tricky:

* in an unsecure setup you'll be shelling out using the UID of the
tasktracker and losing your Hadoop UID
* in a secure setup you'll have to kinit, meaning you need keytabs in
the task node

I'd suggest using Java action, doing FS things natively there and
shelling out afterwards.

Thx

--
Alejandro