Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Geoff Hutchison <gh...@wso.williams.edu> on 1997/11/06 02:57:00 UTC

os-solaris/1367: When using USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT, after 1 min. server fails to respond to requests

>Number:         1367
>Category:       os-solaris
>Synopsis:       When using USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT, after 1 min. server fails to respond to requests
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When compiled with USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT, after starting the httpd
binary, one minute or so passes of responses to requests. At this point the server
continues to accept requests but does not seem to respond to them (normally
the client timeouts). Compilation with USE_FNCTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT produces a binary
that responds normally. This has been tested with both the standard gcc-2.7.2 release
and the latest egcs snapshot. No error message is produced.
This server has been using Apache 1.2x for about 1 year with no prior problems.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try compiling on another ix86-Solaris-2.5.1 box?
>Fix:
At the moment I cannot determine if the problem is in Solaris-x86-2.5.1 or the apache code. Suggestions for
further testing would be appreciated