Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/01/05 23:37:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M16

The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M16 release is now available for voting.

This is a milestone release for the 9.0.x branch. It should be
noted that, as a milestone release:
- Servlet 4.0 is not finalised
- The EGs have not started work on JSP 2.4, EL 3.1 or WebSocket 1.2/2.0

The major changes compared to the 9.0.0.M15 release are:

- HTTP/2 fixes and improvements

- Simpler JSP file encoding detector that delegates XML prolog
  encoding detection to the JRE rather than using a custom XML
  parser.

- Improve the logic that selects an address to use to unlock the
  Acceptor to take account of platforms what do not listen on all
  local addresses when configured with an address of 0.0.0.0 or ::

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements

For full details, see the changelog:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.0.M16/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1110/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tags/TOMCAT_9_0_0_M16/

The proposed 9.0.0.M16 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M16

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M16

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Hi,

The proposed 9.0.0.M16 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ X ] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M16

Test cases all pass.
Example web app works fine.

[VOTE][CANCELLED] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M16

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Given the couple of Jasper issues plus the APR/native
issue I stumbled across, I'm cancelling this release and will tag M17
shortly.

Mark