Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Manini Chawla <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/01 18:58:07 UTC

Unable to install Apache Superset

Greetings,
I wanted to download Apache Superset but have been unable to do as I am
constantly getting this error( in the attached image), in spite of having
downloaded what is required as per this error.

Kindly help me solve this issue.

Looking forward to a positive response.

Regards,
Manini Chawla

RE: Unable to install Apache Superset

Posted by "Soni, Pankaj" <Pa...@dell.com>.
One better way, you install docker and try docker-compose command.
Or you can install WSL, try superset installation on that.

Thanks,
Pankaj soni

Internal Use - Confidential

Apache Superset is not supported under Windows. I know some people run it on Windows, but the majority of the developers are not Windows users and have no experience running Superset on it.

If you still want to try, it seems from the error message you sent that you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0. I had a hard time reading the error because it's an image file and it's rotated 90 degrees. When asking for help to debug a problem it's always better to copy the error message and paste it as text, instead of posting screenshots of photos.

Best,
--Beto

Posted by Beto Dealmeida <ro...@dealmeida.net.INVALID>.
Hi, Manini.