Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Bell <Fr...@noaa.gov> on 2001/12/06 17:40:28 UTC

Jakarta as an NT service

Hi,

I have installed j2sdk1.3.1_01 with jakarta-tomcat3.2.4 on an NT 4.0
with iis 4.0 for the purposes of installing ArcIMS 3.1.

I can start the Tomcat service manually and see the SnoopServlet.

I can create a Jakarta service with:
jk_nt_service -I Jakarta c:\jt3.2.4\conf\wrapper.properties

but when I try to start it with net start Jakarta the following output
ocurrs:

The Jakarta service is starting.
The Jakarta service could not be started.
A system error has occurred.
System error 1067 has occurred.
The process terminated unexpectedly.

If I create the service with jk_nt_service and then skip net start
Jakarta and go to the NT services window and try to start the service
there I also get the 1067 error:
Could not start the Jakarta service on \\<localhost>
Error 1067: The process terminated unexptedly.

If I create the service with tomcat321service c:\jdk1.3.1 c:\jt3.2.4
and skip
net start Jakarta
and go to the NT services window and try to start the service there I
get:
Could not start the Jakarta service on \\<localhost>
Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred.

If I create the service with tomcat321service c:\jdk1.3.1 c:\jt3.2.4
and try to start with
 net start Jakarta
I get
The Jakarta service is starting
The Jakarta service could not be started
The service did not report an error
More help is available bye typing NET HELPMSG 3534

The explanation for 3534 is try the task later.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank bell

Re: Jakarta as an NT service

Posted by Sreenivasan Genipudi <sr...@spincircuit.com>.
check the java home property in our wrapper.properties. That could be wrong

Re: Jakarta as an NT service

Posted by Guddu Kumar <na...@yahoo.com>.
> Hi,
> Check out the nt_service and try. It works out.
> I too had a same prob. and then copied the
> nt_service
> for the version and it started working. I mean u
need a that particular version nt_service

Re: Jakarta as an NT service

Posted by Guddu Kumar <na...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,