Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de> on 2016/03/03 15:18:42 UTC

[lucy-dev] TestSortWriterMisc crash (Lucy Go bindings)

Lucifers,

When trying to test the Lucy Go bindings under Linux, I encountered a crash
when running `TestSortWriterMisc`. There's a heap corruption error triggered
at ../core/Lucy/Index/SortFieldWriter.c:610 (FREEMEM(ords);)

https://github.com/apache/lucy/blob/master/core/Lucy/Index/SortFieldWriter.c#L610

I found out that the `ords` array overflows because `doc_max` is zero, but doc
ids up to 6 are encountered (probably from the `doc_map` passed in the test
suite). I suspect it's simply a problem with the Go test suite but I don't
know enough about the Lucy internals to tell.

The rest of the tests passes.

Nick