Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by aj...@planet.nl on 2004/10/07 09:34:03 UTC

Patch for URL Modifier

Hi,

We got some problems with the HTTP URL Re-writing Modifier in combination with Intershop Enfinity. In our pages we got URLS of the form:

".....;sid=3d_qhv2M-Zvqg7zoMhHUsR1br6dPzF8KcLg=?Section=none&Page=MediaHomePage"

The problem is that the current version of the HTTP URL Re-writing Modifier includes everything from ;sid= up to the double quote on the end, thus including the query parameters. This results in these query parameters being sent with every request, which gives strange results.

I created a patch for the URL Modifier which adds an option not to include the questionmark, thus in the above example only ';sid=3d_qhv2M-Zvqg7zoMhHUsR1br6dPzF8KcLg=' is being matched, and the query parameters are left alone.

Would one of you be so kind to include this patch in the next release?

Cheers,

  --Arnout (arnout@apache.org)

Re: Patch for URL Modifier

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, applied to CVS release HEAD (against which the patch seems to
have been created) and release 2.0.

This means it will be in the upcoming 2.0.2 release.

BTW, it's normally better to provide patches as attachments to
Bugzilla issues - email attachments can be mangled, lost or just
forgotten.

S.