Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anirudh Jayanth <an...@sysarris.soft.net> on 2004/03/04 15:12:32 UTC

DynaActionForm IllegalArgumentException

Hi,

I am using declaring a dynaActionForm in struts-config.xml as
<form-bean name="exForm" type="org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm">

			<form-property name="navigate"
type="java.lang.String" />
			<form-property name="prop1"
type="java.lang.String" />
			<form-property name="prop2"
type="java.lang.String" />
<form-property name="mMsgNum" type="java.lang.String[]" />

</form-bean> This was working fine

However I added an additional property <form-property name="mNum"
type="java.lang.String" />
After re-deploying and restarting it throws the following exception

[ERROR] RequestUtils - -Error creating form bean of class
org.apache.struts.acti
on.DynaActionForm <java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid property
name 'mNum'>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid property name
'mNum'
        at
org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm.getDynaProperty(DynaActionForm.j
ava:598)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm.set(DynaActionForm.java:412)

What could possibly be the problem? Could somebody please suggest a
solution......

Thanx

Anirudh

Re: DynaActionForm IllegalArgumentException

Posted by Geeta Ramani <ge...@cmpco.com>.
Ok, time for desperate tactics: try changing the name to something else..
say mywierdNum ..

Posted by Geeta Ramani <ge...@cmpco.com>.

Anirudh Jayanth wrote:

> Hey Geeta,
> I am using a DynaActionFrom.... This doesn't require getter and setter
> methods. What could possibly be the problem here?

RE: DynaActionForm IllegalArgumentException

I'm assuming your have written getter/setter methods for this
newproperty, right?  Double-check the case: it should be getMNum() (and
setMNum(String)).. If all else fails, clean out your work directory and
try again..

Regards,
Geeta

Posted by Geeta Ramani <ge...@cmpco.com>.