Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by KayVajj <va...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/28 05:56:40 UTC

Launcher MR Job

I understand in oozie each action results in two MR  jobs

1) Launcher
2) Action

Is there any specific reason for the Launcher Job. Why couldn't oozie
kickoff just the Action MR  job like we do from a command line?

Your answers are appreciated.

Thanks
Kishore

Re: Launcher MR Job

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Kishore,

We've answered this before, and you can read the old thread at
http://markmail.org/thread/rwuchaye6v5bafls

--
Harsh J