Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by SMS Chauhan <sm...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/05 17:26:37 UTC

List of Imports

Hello everyone. Please find my POM dependencies mentioned below. As you
can understand, I wish to build a bundle I could deploy to servicemix.
This consists of camel routes and certain POJO's. I am completely blank
on a few things:

1) What are the packages that I should list in the <Import-Package> list
for the maven-builder-plugin?

2) I have added the activemq-core as a dependency, I am not sure if it
should be present. If I intend to use the installed activemq component,
what is the right approach?(Please mention Import-Package and dependencies).

3) I believe my dependencies list is a bit overwhelming, the size of my
build would be large. Is there a way I can reduce my overall build size,
assuming I can add these components directly to servicemix? I am
assuming the provided keyword is supposed to be used, but even after
reading the documentation -  I am not very clear on the role of scope.

Before you answer, please understand -  I am new to maven, servicemix
and camel. This is for a POC I am creating, for showcasing the power of
ESB and the integration paradigm. Almost a layman I would say :)

<!-- String builder functions -->
<dependency>
<groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
<artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
<version>2.5</version>
</dependency>

<!-- Core Camel support -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-core</artifactId>
<version>${camel-version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-spring</artifactId>
<version>${camel-version}</version>
</dependency>

<!-- Embedded ActiveMQ broker -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
<artifactId>activemq-core</artifactId>
<version>${activemq-version}</version>
</dependency>
<!-- xbean is required for ActiveMQ broker configuration in the spring
             xml file -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.xbean</groupId>
<artifactId>xbean-spring</artifactId>
<version>${xbean-spring-version}</version>
</dependency>

<!-- ActiveMQ connectivity for Camel -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
<artifactId>activemq-camel</artifactId>
<version>${activemq-version}</version>
</dependency>
<!-- Add support for JSON Marshalling -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-jackson</artifactId>
<version>${camel-version}</version>
</dependency>
<!-- Add support for JAXB marshaling -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-jaxb</artifactId>
<version>${camel-version}</version>
</dependency>

<!-- Add support for CSV marshaling -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-csv</artifactId>
<version>${camel-version}</version>
</dependency>

<!-- Add support for HTTP -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-jetty</artifactId>
<version>${camel-version}</version>
</dependency>

<!-- Logging via commons-logging -->
<dependency>
<groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
<version>${commons-logging-version}</version>
</dependency>

<!-- Log4j as the logging package(also see slf4j-recommended by spring) -->
<dependency>
<groupId>log4j</groupId>
<artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
<version>1.2.16</version>