Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Ishara Udayanga <li...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/06 14:51:40 UTC

Apache Atlas Integration of Impala

Hi All,

Where can I find an instruction set to integrate Impala to Apache Atlas?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Ishara Perera.

Re: Apache Atlas Integration of Impala

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
We have a hook mechanism that lets you hook into Atlas but it hasn't been
fully documented yet. There's a plugin that's in the Apache Atlas codebase
-
https://github.com/apache/atlas/blob/master/addons/impala-bridge/src/main/java/org/apache/atlas/impala/hook/ImpalaLineageHook.java
.

You would enable this by building the plugin, putting the jar on the
classpath for the Impala daemons and then add this flag when starting up
those roles:
--query_event_hook_classes=org.apache.atlas.impala.hook.ImpalaLineageHook

My employer (Cloudera) has done some work to automate this setup as part of
our distro, so it definitely works but the glue/orchestration layers that
set it all up aren't part of the Apache Impala project.