Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2021/04/01 19:13:12 UTC

ApacheCon @Home 2021 Call for Presentations is open!

All,

ApacheCon @Home is coming to your city/town/village/hamlet/countryside
this September 21 - 23.

Like last year's event, this one will be virtual, so there is no need to
book travel/accommodations or potentially arrange for time-off from
work. You don't even need to wear pants if you don't want to.

The Call for Presentations is open NOW. Please submit your Tomcat (or
other!) related presentation on this site:

https://acah2021.jamhosted.net/

Feel free to browse the Presentations Page[1] on the Tomcat web site for
some idea of what presentations have been given in the past. Anything
related to Tomcat, servlet (etc.) specs, Java web application
development, etc. would be considered in-scope for the Tomcat track.
There are many other tracks planned as well.

Yous presentation does /not need to be completed/ when you submit your
idea. So if you have an idea, go ahead and submit it. You will have a
few months to build your idea into a presentation.

If you have any questions, please send a message to the users@ list with
"ApacheCon" in the subject. Please don't email me individually unless
you have a question that cannot be answered by anyone but me. My reply
would go to the users@ list anyway, so you may as well post the question
to the list in the first place :)

Thanks,
-chris

[1] https://tomcat.apache.org/presentations.html

Re: ApacheCon @Home 2021 Call for Presentations is closing soon (2021-05-03)

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
All,

This is a reminder to please submit your presentations for ApacheCon
@Home for review before the deadline at 08:00 UTC on 2021-05-03.

There have been just 5 presentations submitted to far for the Tomcat
track, and only 2 that look look like they were "from the community" (as
opposed to recurring presentations from committers).

We'd love to have more presentations from USERS of Tomcat and not just
the committers. I would love to see some presentations like "this is how
we use Apache Tomcat to power our product/service/team/sump pump"
because those are the most interesting to me, personally.

Thanks,
-chris

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
All,

Re: ApacheCon @Home 2021 Call for Presentations is open!

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

> On 4/24/21 13:23, Rony G. Flatscher (Apache) wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> how about something like:
>>
>>      Apache Tomcat: Enabling Scripting Languages in JSPs
>>
>>      The Java Server Page (JSP) technology allows Java programmers to write webserver
>> applications by
>>      injecting Java code into HTML or XML pages which then get translated into Java programs,
>>      compiled and executed each time a client request refers to that JSP. This presentation
>>      introduces a new taglib which makes it possible to use any Java scripting language (exploiting
>>      either the Java scripting framework or the Apache Bean Scripting framework) in JSPs in addition
>>      to or instead of Java thereby serving client requests in the client's request thread. The
>> taglib
>>      allows among other things to fetch the script code from files and invoke such programs with the
>>      Servlet's service method arguments (request and response).
>>
>> Would such a presentation be of interest to the audience?
>
> I would definitely submit that to the ApacheCon @Home Call-for-Presentations. Proposals are
> evaluated by a bunch of different people. most presentations I've seen come across in the past
> have been accepted.

thank you for your thumbs up, just filed the proposal.

---rony

Re: ApacheCon @Home 2021 Call for Presentations is open!

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Rony,