Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sherwin Kartick <rs...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/17 07:47:27 UTC

registering service in uddi registry on startup

I want my web services (in Axis) to publish to a UDDI when Tomcat starts
up.  I was initially going to just do the registration with init() on the
ServiceLifecycle interface,
until I read some old postings
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=103242493516469&w=2 (egad
3.5years ago, time flies).

In a nutshell ServiceLifecycle won't work, I need a request to trigger init
which does the publish to UDDI but I can't get a request if I haven't
published to a UDDI.    So how have people solved this?

thanks ... sherwin

Re: registering service in uddi registry on startup

Posted by Sherwin Kartick <rs...@gmail.com>.
Let me pose the question this way:  I have a something (database, legacy
app, etc) I want to initialize in my service at startup, prior to the first
request coming in, how do I that.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
It's probably not a good idea, because you're very likely to restart Tomcat
-- but UDDI entries are persistent.

Anne