Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by KRIS MUSSHORN <mu...@comcast.net> on 2016/09/28 14:27:14 UTC

warning

My solr 5.4.1 solrconfig.xml is set up thus:

<directoryFactory name="DirectoryFactory" class="${solr.directoryFactory:solr.NRTCachingDirectoryFactory}"/>
<lockType>${solr.lock.type:native}</lockType>
<unlockOnStartup>false</unlockOnStartup>

yet i get a warning on starting the core...
2016-09-28 14:24:06.049 WARN (coreLoadExecutor-6-thread-1) [ ] o.a.s.c.Config Solr no longer supports forceful unlocking via the 'unlockOnStartup' option. This is no longer neccessary for the default lockType except in situations where it would be dangerous and should not be done. For other lockTypes and/or directoryFactory options it may also be dangerous and users must resolve problematic locks manually.

Any suggestions?

Kris

Re: warning

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 9/28/2016 8:27 AM, KRIS MUSSHORN wrote:
> My solr 5.4.1 solrconfig.xml is set up thus:
>
> <directoryFactory name="DirectoryFactory" class="${solr.directoryFactory:solr.NRTCachingDirectoryFactory}"/>
> <lockType>${solr.lock.type:native}</lockType>
> <unlockOnStartup>false</unlockOnStartup>
>
> yet i get a warning on starting the core...
> 2016-09-28 14:24:06.049 WARN (coreLoadExecutor-6-thread-1) [ ] o.a.s.c.Config Solr no longer supports forceful unlocking via the 'unlockOnStartup' option. This is no longer neccessary for the default lockType except in situations where it would be dangerous and should not be done. For other lockTypes and/or directoryFactory options it may also be dangerous and users must resolve problematic locks manually.

Completely remove the unlockOnStartup section of the config.  The
warning shows up anytime it's in the config, regardless of what the
value of the setting is.

I'm not sure that config is complete enough for proper operation, though
I admit I haven't tried it.

Thanks,
Shawn