Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Hafiz Mujadid <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/30 05:35:30 UTC

Giving no permissions at all

Hi,

When we give permission in policies, we have options to read,write and
execute permissions. What if i don't want to give any permission not even
read to a certain user or group of users? how can i achieve this
functionality in ranger?

thanks

Re: Giving no permissions at all

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Really appreciated it…

Thanks

Bosco

From:  Hafiz Mujadid <ha...@gmail.com>
Date:  Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 8:49 PM
To:  <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Giving no permissions at all

Bosco!

The latest code was creating problem with hadoop, if this issues got fixed that i reported in other thread. then i can test it :)

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Arvind S <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
your hadoop ACL should be in most restrictive mode. So effectively you lock down HDFS and then provide exceptions via Ranger.

Cheers !!
Arvind

--
Regards: HAFIZ MUJADID

Re: Giving no permissions at all

Posted by Hafiz Mujadid <ha...@gmail.com>.
Bosco!

--
Regards: HAFIZ MUJADID

Re: Giving no permissions at all

Posted by Arvind S <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Explicit deny was something added recently in Apache Ranger. The version you are using doesn’t have it yet.

There was a suggestion to do a new release with the latest changes, but because of the holidays, I think no one has looked into it. Hopefully, we can start the discuss this week.

In the meanwhile, if you use the latest, you can help us test also :-)

Thanks

Bosco

From:  Hafiz Mujadid <ha...@gmail.com>
Date:  Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 8:35 PM