Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rob Dennett <ro...@tmit1.org> on 2005/09/12 18:30:01 UTC

setting and accessing persistent properties between pages

I am unclear on how to set and access persistent properties between pages in Tapestry 4.  I have some application- and session-wide data that I need to pass between pages.  Is it just a matter of declaring the same property in every page that I want to use it and setting persist equal to session?  Also, correct me if I am wrong, but is injection only for ASOs defined in Hivemind contributions?  I have some service classes which contain the business logic for my app and act as an interface with the DAO classes.  I am defining these as Hivemind contributions and injecting them into the various page classes that need them.  Should these really be defined as service points?

Thanks in advance,

Rob