Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Giguere <er...@videotron.ca> on 2004/06/21 22:35:06 UTC

deploying plugin jars

Hi

Got a small problem. I'm trying to deploy a custom plugin jar in our
internal remote repository.
I've tried using the jar:deploy command but I couldn't get the guy to
put my jar in the right place (maven/plugins/).
No matter how I play with directories (using the propeties), I never
could get the jar in the maven/plugins dir. So, the plugin:download goal
cannot be executed to retreive it.

Is there a way to do so without copying them "by hand" in the
maven/plugin dir of the repository ?

thx.
Eric.

Re: deploying plugin jars

Posted by Erik Husby <mh...@broad.mit.edu>.
Eric Giguere wrote:

> Hi
>
> Got a small problem. I'm trying to deploy a custom plugin jar in our
> internal remote repository.
> I've tried using the jar:deploy command but I couldn't get the guy to
> put my jar in the right place (maven/plugins/).
> No matter how I play with directories (using the propeties), I never
> could get the jar in the maven/plugins dir. So, the plugin:download
> goal cannot be executed to retreive it.
>
> Is there a way to do so without copying them "by hand" in the
> maven/plugin dir of the repository ?
>
> thx.
> Eric.

Yes, the correct way is to use the plugin plugin.  See
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/plugin/goals.html for details.

--
Erik Husby
Team Lead for Software Quality Automation