Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/11 14:13:41 UTC

Expense Declaration and processing

Hi All,

Yesterday evening Eduardo (Arellano), Anil (Patel) and myself had a first
brainstorm session via skype about how to deal with (travel) expense
registration and processing in OFBiz.

In any organization, employees are faced with costs that they incur during
the performance of their functions and / or duties. This happens in
organisations of any size and across all industry sectors. And it happens
throughout the organisation, whether trying to get new business deals (e.g.
sales staff), implementing sold products (e.g. service engineers) or
supporting existing customers (e.g. consultants etc). To name but a few.
The employees pay these expenses out of pocket (cash), with their personal
bank or credit card or with company issued credit cards, vouchers or cash
advances.

The three of us agreed that an Expense application would be bringing added
value to the feature (and functionality) portfolio of OFBiz and we
discussed potential requirements, processes, issues, data entities and
elements. We also discussed a potential first release and a roadmap. This
brainstorm session proved very valuable visavis insights about reusing
existing data, entities and functions in existing applications like
Accounting, Catalog, HR, Workflow and even Content.

As this is intended as a community endeavour I invite every person
participating in this project to share their experiences, insights and
provide feedback on this subject (in general) and/or pertaining documents
in WIKI (regarding solution description, use cases, etc) and JIRA
(regarding issues, etc). Of course the documents in WIKI and JIRA need to
be created first. This will happen over the coming days/weeks, and I will
keep you posted about the progress here.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Expense Declaration and processing

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
The place holder JIRA issue has been created. It can be found here (
OFBIZ-5473 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5473>).