Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com> on 2015/09/18 13:55:52 UTC

Proposal to get to 100% passrate on BVTs

Hi,

We have been having steady rate of blocker issues/breakages.  I am proposing to see if we can get to a 100% passrate on BVTs by next Friday, Sep 25th or sooner.

Once we reach 100% passrate, we should closely monitor BVTs and back out commits that we think have broken BVTs.
I will report the BVTs passrate on a daily basis.  Also, working with Kishan to see a way to make the data available online?

Here is the latest status on the BVTs -
XS Basic - 93% / CLOUDSTACK-8843<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8843> (in the process of testing Jayapal's fix),
XS Adv - 81.8% / CLOUDSTACK-8881<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8881>, CLOUDSTACK-8697<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8697>

KVM Basic - Deployment failure / CLOUDSTACK-8883<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8883>

KVM Adv - Deployment failure / CLOUDSTACK-8883<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8883>, CLOUDSTACK-8881<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8881>, CLOUDSTACK-8697

BTW - currently, no one has picked up  CLOUDSTACK-8883<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8883> yet,

best,
Raja

Re: Proposal to get to 100% passrate on BVTs

Posted by Bharat Kumar <bh...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

I am sharing the link to the FS, it is not completely solid yet, but i intend to add more details as we progress further. Please go through this and let me know if someone wants to
help me on this. As i said earlier i want some help in generating, publishing and archiving the test results.

The link to the FS https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Test+bed+orchestrator+and+test+runner+to+enable+continuos+integration.

Thanks,
Bharat.

On 22-Sep-2015, at 3:35 pm, Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com>> wrote:

Bharat,  can you please repost if there is any specific ask ?

Thanks,
Raja
Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Bharat Kumar <bh...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sanjeev N <sa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com>.
Sure Remi, let us do on Monday...

I agree, date needs to be realistic.  As long as we close on the blockers quickly - fixing or backing out a commit that caused it, we should be able to hit the deadlines.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Raja,

Posted by Raja Pullela <ra...@citrix.com>.
cool, thanks Boris and Daan!
I agree on the back out part...  but we need to be sure that a particular commit is the issue.  Let us see!

Posted by Boris Schrijver <bo...@pcextreme.nl>.
Hi,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--