Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com> on 2006/08/15 09:19:43 UTC

[drlvm] newlines in .cpp and .h files

Nathan,

your last commit

  r431519 | ndbeyer | 2006-08-15 07:46:26 +0400 (Tue, 15 Aug 2006) | 1 line
  Apply patch for HARMONY-1144: [j.u.c integration with DRLVM - step#1]: implement getFieldOffset and modify compareAndSet<*> methods

changed the newlines of the touched files from LF to CRLF.

Could you please configure your editor to prevent converting line breaks?

And could you please commit the back conversion to LF line endings?

Thanks!

Re: [drlvm] newlines in .cpp and .h files

Posted by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com>.
Hi Nathan,

Thanks a lot for help.

Setting svn:eol-style property helps, so the line endings on Linux become
normal LF.

However, you missed several files, which still have CRLF endings (and no eol-style set):

vm/vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_util_concurrent_Atomics.h
vm/vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_util_concurrent_Atomics.cpp
vm/vmcore/src/kernel_classes/javasrc/org/apache/harmony/util/concurrent/Atomics.java

In fact, it seems that almost none of the DRLVM sources have eol-style configured,
so this may be some work for the committer... (only 19 out of 1006 files have it set).

I think I will take my time and prepare a script to do so on all DRLVM files.
Will send it in a few hours.

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.

It looks like the AWT module's native source files all have the
svn:eol-style = native, so if you're on Linux, then that's what you'll be
seeing.

-Nathan

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.